Stepping into foster care is a significant decision, and it can be intimidating. We’re here to walk with you through this journey.
You are not alone.
Review the steps below to walk through the process of becoming a foster parent.
Step 1: Find out More
- Orientations Training link
- Fill out the connect form and Every Child will send you relevant information tailored to you
- Email Polk County DHS Child Welfare Contact: Joseph.a.Sarkez@dhsoha.state.or.us
Step 2: Make the Decision
- Reasons you might make a good foster parent
- Recommended Reading: No Sugar-Coating: The Coffee Talk you Need About Foster Parenting
Step 3: Attend Training
- About the Certification training called Foundations
- Sign up for local training
- Sign up for virtual statewide training (more openings and flexibility)
Step 4: Application
- Submit your application:
- Email your application to Joseph.a.Sarkez@dhsoha.state.or.us
READY TO MOVE FORWARD, OR NEED MORE INFO?
Every Child can help you get started with step one by filling out the Connect Form and we will connect you to the right person.